Invoice automation can help your workflow by allowing you to focus more time on growing your business and less on the administrative duties. Read more to learn about Linde’s automated invoicing options.
Is your invoice management slowing you down? Regardless of the size or activity of your business, invoice processing can be time consuming and repetitive. Time spent processing invoices is time spent away from growing your business. Invoice automation
can help your workflow by allowing you to focus more on what’s important and less on the administrative activities. Read more to learn about Linde’s automated invoicing options.
Portal billing includes two-way communication between Linde and the customer and is ideal for low transaction volume customers. Linde can send customers invoices and confirm orders, and customers can send inbound purchase orders to Linde. Portal billing
also includes the following features:
- An interactive self-serve website where vendors can conduct A/R-related functions for customers
- Requires setup
- Typically requested by the customers since they are already using a portal A/R system
- The portal acts as the A/P department for customers, and allows Linde’s A/R /portal billing team to submit invoices, inquire about payment status, request purchase order numbers, submit proof of deliveries and more
- Each region has a point of contact designated to manage the portal
E-invoicing includes one-way communication between Linde and the customer, where Linde sends electronic invoices to the customer via e-mail. E-invoicing also includes the following features:
- A form of electronic billing that automates the e-mailing of invoices to the customer
- The customer receives their invoices via e-mail or a secure portal such as Online Account Management (OAM)
- No setup required. All that is required is to activate the customer for e-invoicing
EDI – Electronic Data Interchange
EDI includes two-way communication between Linde and the customer. Linde can send purchase order confirmations, ASNs and invoices to the customer, and the customers can send inbound purchase orders to Linde. EDI is ideal for high transaction volume
customers and also includes the following features:
- An electronic communication method used to electronically exchange documents
- Customers can send purchase orders electronically to replace postal mail, fax and e-mails
- EDI provides automated invoices, but payments can be made via any methods Linde accepts, including EFT
- Requires setup
- Customers can choose which documents they want to exchange based on their capabilities
- EDI customers cannot be set up for monthly summary invoicing, but rental invoices may be possible
For more information and assistance on improving your invoice process, call 1.800.266.4369 for billing questions or 1.800.773.4877 for general inquiries.